Wednesday, November 12, 2008

So Much to Say, So Little Time
















hoiiii!

Here's a piece that was inspired by the current issues in our community and nation..... Its a bit lengthy..I was really passionate about this subject and what can I say, when the pen hit the paper it wouldn't stop :-D hehe Anyhoo I'll discontinue rambling...


So Much to Say, So Little Time
I will not say much but just what I feel
and to me what has been revealed
but concealed by those of us who call ourselves real
but our eyes do not see what is so blatantly obvious
yet we act so oblivious to what goes on around us.

Us? Who are we as a nation?
Are we lost in translation?
Stuck in this world with no determination?
Straight forward into total damnation
by mirroring the shape of our geometrical brother,
taking shape of another
other than ourselves?
Diminishing our culture our ancestors worked so hard to retrieve?
Not our culture in the straw markets
on rasta man dolls
spray painting walls
with
rastafari, raiders and dogs
I will not accept it
no not at all.

Youths of the Bahamas I call out to you
Learn all you can before your time is through
and do what you do because its education that will take you through
this world so set on globalization
so have a good foundation that will hold you firm as you continue to learn
the power in you.

But where and how can this power be found in order for there to be firm ground
for the future to stand when the present is so unstable and weak?
Our futures grim as we drown in sin
beautiful outside but so dirty within.
Young girls with old men, little boys selling drugs from the tender age of ten
Until they are caught and sent to her majesties prison
where they will meet their end.

I suppose its not right to place the blame
on some while others carry a different name.
adults.
How can you claim to love but be ever filled with hate
towards out Haitian brothers?
So you preach "God say love one anudda."
yet we fill our childrens minds with such animosity
because of your jealousy towards a race
that teachers their spawns to live by necessity
and not luxury
that then caters to a monstrosity of angry youths.

But I guess I bit off more than I can chew
because as my taste buds tingle
and new thoughts mingle and jingle new bells that tell me more issues
that i wish to assist to bring across
so that most won't be lost but be found
to pass around the message
for it is a presage

But little has been said and most dangling at the brink of my mind
there's
So much to say, So little time.....

~That Mackey Girl~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment