Sunday, November 9, 2008

YO,
This piece is the piece I did for the second open mic.
Skin
I am not my skin
shackled by the incalculable
amount of melanin
dwelling within
determining which job position to put me in
Skin
Skin does not determine my intelligence
neither my common sense
and maybe opposers
are just too dense
so see through my
Skin
Skin that allows me to fall victim to the stereotype
"pssshhhht"
forget that hype
and that one day I might
just go crazy
and bleach my skin
cuz no one wants to have babies
with a dark skin lady
but just maybe...
maybe women can reproduce out of true love
when they're ready
instead of saying
OOOO I want him be my
baby daddy
because of his
Skin
Skin that seems to think that
no matter what they'll be suppressed
when they wake up in the morning and get dressed
while wondering how much longer they'll be stressed
but not wanting to work
because to them silver and gold
is owed
because our ancestors were mistreated
in years of old
for their
Skin
Skin that needs to wake up and smell the folgers
because being lazy doesn't break barriers
it only constitutes to boulders
in society
when everyone wants to be a
pimp, shawty or souljah
and I hate to say I told ya
so let me clue you in
be bigger than your body
not limited by your
SKIN.
~That Mackey Girl~
1 Comment:
-
- Shorty said...
February 22, 2012 at 12:19 PMLoved it from I first saw you preform it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



